Yep, you read it right! Glory came, just today, just 1 hour ago. It wasn’t in a box wrapped in a pretty bow, or on a sales rack or in any words that were spoken or any action that was taken it was simple. I don’t think I can put into words what it was really, or at least not until our Glory list starts tomorrow but I will say it is not what you expect, it was not what I expected, it was a sewing together of the 365 days of 2008 into one tiny little moment. So small in fact that had I not been aware I would have missed it and 2008 would have ended with no Glory sign. But whoa to those that do not trust our God! He is the God of all Glory and Glory He will bring!
Lets face it 2008 is on its way out and for one, I’m ready. So I thought I’d share with you 5 reasons why I’m ready for 2009.
1. It’s new:) I know, duh. but really what better way to get a FRESH start than with something NEW!! I love a new outfit, a new lip gloss, a new pedicure, seeing a child learn something new, a new baby, new paint on the wall, new puppies, new coffee drinks, new friends…God makes all things new and a NEW YEAR will make all things new! Yes it will be the old year come Friday but for Thursday, Glorious Thursday it will be new! 1-1-09! I love one’s and three’s but Thursday is all about the 1!
2. It’s an odd year 2009. I like odd years better than even ones. I was born in an odd year, I had my daughter in an odd year, I loved being 21 and 23;)(shout out to my friend turning 23 in an odd year!!) This blog is turning out to be odd, in and of itself.
3. I’m done with 08…it started off fine with my husband baptizing myself and my son in the tank. That was wonderful, but ya know it slowly took a down turn. It hasn’t all been bad but it has been a year of challenges…I wrote about many of those in my last blog. But seriously add the economy, the elections, the rain(just recently rain here everyday, I think I have a fungus from the dampness) and all you have is a messed up year. Don’t get me wrong..God was there, I saw Him in everything, doing lots, but it was more of a desert year than a milk and honey year. I’m headed to the promised land in 2009!
4. Hope…2009 is the year of Hope at our church and I like hope more than breakthrough. Hope is a great word, its a great feeling and it is all wrapped up in anticipation. Hope.
5. The Glory List. I’ve decided to start the glory list! I have a journal, brand new, never been written in…it is beautiful and it will be the GLORY journal. In this journal will be 365 spaces to write one word or one sentences of God’s Glory for the day. I told you God was gonna talk to me about GLORY and so I think I should document what I see. I mean if the God of all creation is gonna teach you a word lesson and take you on a tour to see the manifestation of His word, someone better write it down.
That’s all…5 reasons why I’m ready for 2009! I’m mostly anticipating the Glory list, as I’m sure you are as well, cause it is fuel for future blogs, but mostely because somehow I think it will bring about HOPE for the hopeless and lead eyes to the ONE of all Glory!
Goodbye 2008, I’m kickin’ you out early…..your time is almost up…I’ll give you 2 days to bring Glory, oh year of 2008, and I’ll even write about it if you do but if not, I’ll usher you out with a smile:) And welcome HOPE, 2009!
Waiting to see what happens,
Now I know that I haven’t written since December 16th, where I told you about the ruts and the new mattress. I’m not even conscious of where the last 12 days have gone, so I won’t begin to take you on a journey of made up stuff that explains why I haven’t blessed you with any magnificent writings over the holidays. But I will tell you what I saw last night and you won’t like it. Sorry, you won’t, I don’t think…I didn’t like it until I realized what I have and what is wrapped around all that I saw. Then I didn’t mind seeing it but I’ll admit it is still a little sobering and uncomfortable to think about.
I went to church last night. (Now you are thinking what could she have seen at church that was disturbing!) I saw a woman fighting breast cancer with a new hairdo that she removes nightly and sets on the bed stand, I saw a young man with a broken heart of loosing his dear brother to a life long battle with an illness, I saw a beautiful young lady who although put together on the outside has to be clawing her self apart on the inside after a suicide in her family, I saw bankruptcy in multiple families, I saw a woman who lost her father, mother and grandparents because she unveiled a 30 year old secret that was hiding in the dark. I saw businesses failing, I saw women sitting alone without their husbands, I saw people in pain physically and mentally, I saw empty seats in a church that holds hope. It was horrible, I could go on and I tell you the truth that I did not make up one of the things I saw. Everywhere I looked I saw REAL UGLY, REAL BROKEN, REAL HARD life.
This is the Christmas season, a time of great celebration for those that know Jesus and for those that don’t. It is a universal time in our culture where people buy presents with money they don’t have and wear smiles that aren’t real and pretend to be cheery when there isn’t anything to be cheery about. I know, this is a downer of a blog but the truth is I was really sad last night. I don’t know what God is doing on the inside or the outside of me lately. I feel like I’m just holding steady and not really moving anywhere with God and then to look around and see all that I saw I just sat and shook my head.
Then Pastor Steve Mickel spoke and darn-it-all if God didn’t send a silent ‘hush’ over my soul. The answer? HOPE. Yep, HOPE. That’s it, there really isn’t any other solution to the things I saw except HOPE. All the REAL LIFE wrapped up in HOPE. I have a feeling God is gonna speak to me about hope and most importantly about GLORY! Glory through the people that are holding onto HOPE.
Wrapped in Hope…