A lot of life happens in 17 days! Life seems to move a lot slower when you look at it one day at a time. I’ve been diligently keeping the Glory List for 2009. Writing down daily where I see evidence of the Glory of God. Evidence of his abundance, wealth, treasure, honor, dignity, splendor, brightness and majesty. GLORY!
Each day lends us a new opportunity to see the glorious. But it also gives us a day with new obstacles or challenges that try to sneak their way in to steal the Glory moments.
Here are the Glory Moments:
0. Giving 100% title to God ~ Abandoned
- Revelation from God
- Choices, free will, responsibility to choose to be surrendered
- God is in Control, 3a. Friends, 3b. haircuts, 3c. massages, 3d. Church
- Birthdays ~ Glorious life
- Skiing with your best friend
- Holy Spirit
- Love of a husband
- Attorneys that are available
- A husband that desires his wife
- Information Technology computer people that help
- Peace in storms
- Womens Bible Study ~ 45 glorious women
- Opportunities to trust God
- Daily Manna, Gods provision just when you need it
- 38 year old healthy husband
- White trees in freezing fog
The challenges that try to steal these glorious moments: Lack of sleep, struggling friends, stressed family members, mistakes at the bank, non-existent cash flow, no money for payroll, debt, cold weather, rain while skiing, warm weather in January, pre-teen attitudes, DVD’s that stop working 1/2 way through, flat tires, lazy butt, computer glitches, people not working on your time line
…must I continue or do you get the point that for every moment of Glory there is a huge boulder ready to crash down and squish it!
Being conscious of Glory Moments has brought much hope amidst the storms. Being aware that Glory is all around leads me to search for it when times are tough and not give up until I find it for the day. I can’t rest my head on my pillow at night with out demanding a moment of Glory. God is faithful to provide, the question is are you faithful to seek!