My Thankful List
We are one week away from Thanksgiving and 6 days away from my moms birthday. What better time to do a thankful list. Perfect timing would be Thanksgiving day, but I’ll be in (not so sunny right now) Arizona, where my parents have decided to nest for 7 months this year!! Before we fly out Saturday, I have a business trip to Portland with 3 meetings, multiple trainings and lots of smiling with plastic in my mouth. (Have I told you about the plastic splint my dentist has plagued me with for 4-6 months? NO? oh…so sad, story for another day I suppose).
Here it is, in no particular order, except the first one:
- My husband, the gentle leader, compassionate lover and peaceful friend.
- Children that teach me more about myself then I can ever hope to teach them.
- Parents who sought after the American dream and found it, that I can live it today.
- A brother who brings me lunch and loves my husband like he’s his brother, YO!
- In-Laws that love their son wildly and treat his step children like they are his first born!
- The people who give up HOURS of their week to work for our company, you are the reason I loose sleep at night and work when you are sleeping!
- Mexican food
- Dip, specifically Dad’s Dip (you are the king Daddy, we should really market this stuff)
- Round-abouts…its how we drive in my city
- My City: Bend you are simply divine and clearly the most beautiful place in the world
- People of Bend: you are the kindest most generous city I have ever known and I lived in Eugene where “free love” began.
- Piper and Syd, you two canine’s are perfect friends that bring balance to our family
- Shelter, I have it and lots of people don’t
- Air, it is manna from heaven, thank you for supplying us each day Lord
- Blankets, life without at least 6 blankets in the living room is lacking sufficiently
- Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit, do I even need to list them or are they a given?
- Peace, there is no war in my area of the world but others are not so blessed
- Orthodontists that know how to stop jaw pain and are kind (shout out to Dr. G!)
- My eyes, my hands, my muscles, my body, my lungs my breath…you get the idea
- Trinity Lutheran School, they educate my kids and pray for them, an unusual combo
- Friends…the ones I see everyday and the ones I see every year, you are important to me!
- The Sun, I would like to live closer to it
- YOU…because you read what I write and with each post at least one of you hears the voice of God and moves a little bit further in your journey. I know because you share with me..privately..maybe you can comment every once in a while. No pressure.
Thanks for being a part of my life and trusting that my words somehow are worth your time.