I see snow and Christmas lights and Santa Clause counting down the days. I hear nothing but the fire, the dogs breathing deep and the coffee brewing. My son sleeps, my daughter is with her dad and my husband is still cuddled in bed.
So, I read Chapter 21 of Ruthless:
The God Who Fights for YOU…Makes little into so much. (pre-order HERE)
“We live in a never-enough sort of world.”
Yes, Bo Stern, this is true. And this is something that I really needed to be reminded of just this VERY DAY. What area of life do I feel most in need of God’s multiplying resourcefulness?
Isn’t the standard answer finances? It is for me too, but I don’t really care about the money as much as what the money does. Money pays employees, money buys resources that we need at work, money allows me to stay in my house and drive my car and eat my food. Money being multiplied over the holidays would be nice, it would make things easy and I would be thankful.
BUT, I didn’t like that answer because God’s resources go beyond money because HIS economy doesn’t accept the currency of this world! So here is my list, God I pray that you read my blog, multiply this:
- The Holy Spirit in the hearts and lives of my family. May they be overtaken by the Holy Spirit that their hearts are changed and their focus can only be on the glorious riches of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit in the lives of my friends. May they be ever gracious and loving and full.
- The Holy Spirit in my business and upon my co-workers. Yep, I just brought Jesus into the work place. I make no apology. Without the divine our business would just be a business, with God it becomes supernatural.
- For my son: The motivation and desire to do well in school, in life, and in relationships. May his God dreams be multiplied
- For my daughter: The understanding and contentment concerning the fact that her parents live apart on opposite sides of this continent, with the belief that God is still in control of this one. Believe it in all things!
- My time and the wisdom to use it well to serve the ones I love and to make a difference in this world. Being all things to all people at the moments that count.
- A general covering of satisfaction and elation at this great holiday we are embarking upon. Understanding that Jesus IS THE REASON for this season and letting the joy of it all be ever multiplied and full!
I wonder this early morning, if God would multiply the things that make a difference in HIS economy. If He would surprise us with His presence and draw us with His love to a place we’ve never been and a reality we’ve not yet experienced. I know I have faith like a mustard seed, I can see mountains being moved and I know God to be faithful. He shall multiply in my life and yours. The mystery of the gift of Christmas will astound us. May it become your infatuation!