I sit down at my computer today without a clear message to give you but since I haven’t written in a while, it seemed right to write.
I have shared with you in the past that times when I’m not drawn to write anything specific, is when God is most at work in me. I suppose I can share with you where he has my mind tied up right now.
This coming week I’ll start a women’s bible study at church. We’ll be watching teachings and reading the book “The Explicit Gospel” by Matt Chandler. I’ve been reading the book, slowly, this past couple of weeks and its TRUTH. It’s the kind of truth that you have to chew.
A couple of nuggets from this book that have me gnawing away at the truth are:
- The deeper we go into God’s glory, the deeper we will find ourselves in the precious work of Christ on the cross, and vice versa.
- God knows every word in every language in every sentence in every paragraph in every chapter of every book ever written. He knows every fact of history past and future, every bit of truth discovered and undiscovered and every proof of science known and unknown.
- Do you know how inadequate you are to even comprehend your OWN life?
- If everything is God’s, you have nothing to give him that he doesn’t already own.
- You have been given much by God to steward in order to be a blessing and primarily a reflection of his glory.
- Hell is a place of conscious torment. it is a place of fire, It is a place of anguish. And once you’re there, there’s no getting out. Its eternal.
- Knowledge of and belief in hell are unable to create worshippers of God.
- You cannot scare anyone into heaven. Heaven is not a place for those who are afraid of hell; it’s a place for those who love God.
- You can’t scare people into loving God. You just can’t do it. You can scare them into moral acts of goodness. But that’s not salvation. Its not even Christian.
- Are you really going to believe we’re not worthy of hell?
- Thank God for his response to all of this: The wrath-absorbing cross of Christ.
Now do you get my silence? Yeah you’re a little quiet yourself right now, thinking perhaps you need to get this book to chew on. I highly recommend this.
But if not that book, get yourself a little Oswald Chambers ~ My Utmost For His Highest. Its free and todays reading 1/5/13 reminded me that no matter what changes God has performed in me, I shall not rely on them. I must build only on a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ, and on the Spirit He gives.
“All our promises and resolutions end in denial because we have no power to accomplish them. When we come to the end of ourselves, not just mentally but completely, we are able to “Receive the Holy Spirit” – the idea is that of invasion. There is now only One who directs the course of your life, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
I guess it was ‘right to write’, hope it was right for you to read!
Leave a Reply